Monday, January 22, 2007

14 Days Later

Like every project I undertake, it always takes forever longer than I originally thought to finish.

On January 8th I had 42 shots left to animate. It's January 22nd and I have 20 shots to go. I was hoping to be at least done with the animating by now, but now that I know the post-college-no-girlfriend amount of animation I can churn out on average each night, I can see that I had quite unrealistic goals.

I am indeed no Jack Bauer.

But it is all moot since any sane American (or Australian) knows that the liberal left wing Jew run media doesn't pay much attention to a slow and steady progress report on an animated short, they only care about those first frazzled 100 hours of animation. So let us look back at what I did in those first 100 hours:

-Animated some stuff.

-IMed people way too much while I was supposed to be animating stuff.

-Updated this blog.

-Made several prank calls to the Amalgamated Transit Union Local 689 for which I'm sure to pay dearly.

-Raised the national minimum wage from $5.15 to $7.24.

-Passed a bill broadening the range of stem cell research to encompass even the radical "Stir Fry Cell" experiments in which fetal stem cells are used as a secret ingredient on an upcoming episode of Top Chef.

-And finally, I watched Clerks 2 on loop for several days, and then watched seasons 6 & 4 of The Simpsons (both with and without audio commentary), season 2 of Futurama (again with and without the commentary), season 2 of Curb Your Enthusiasm, several discs of season 2 of Kids in The Hall, the first full fledged season of Aeon Flux, a couple Garth Merenghi's Darkplace episodes, and listened to several This American Life episodes.


Ok, that was stupid and this has taken way too long to update. I'm outta here.


Robot Rights.


2 comments:

dmac said...

I've always loved the great tragedies; King Lear, The Poseidan Adventure, Superman 2...

Zachary Scheer :: zscheer@gmail.com said...

trying to think of funny things to write on your comment page, i gave myself 30 seconds but that seems unrealistic with my tendency to watch part 2 of Prime Suspect 7: The Final Act, 24, Heroes, White Rapper, listening to my ipod shuffle on shuffle and documentaries about the pixies.