Monday, June 29, 2009

We clamour onward and repeat ourselves

We recorded the audio for the Ronin Dojo Community College DX: Digital Pirates of Dark Water Saga Episode 3.5 today. There's Tim pouring over the script, intensely- because he's a genius. You can also see my thigh and my forearm in there too- they are also intense.

Interestingly enough, this episode takes place in a car with characters- sort of like in my short She She She She's A Bombshell. Once again, I reprise my role as the annoying dude in the back seat. As you can see in this detailed storyboard, that's my character, Mark, sitting in the back seat. Bombshell was 7 minutes long and took almost a year to make- this episode is 1 minute 40 seconds and we're hoping to make finish it in like three days. The difference is, this time we have the luxory of a head library, Cintiqs, and two sets of hands on the job. It will be an interesting comparison.

So with a freshly cut animatic under our belts we're hoping to have this baby out by Thursday. Should be possible, we just have to stick to our schedules and not do too many extraneous things like oh I dunno, write blog posts.


I better go.

2 comments:

Rudy said...

Pffft writing blog posts is way more important then actually makin the comics the blog is about, hasn't perez taught you anything?

Ben said...

Oh snap!